Sunday, September 23, 2012

Graduation from Paul Mitchell, September 2012

 I am at 1850 hours of my 2000.  My graduation date is approximately October 31st, HALLOWEEN! I can't believe that it's already this time, it went by so fast!  I love school so much and it will be so weird to leave it in November and move on to bigger and better things with my career.  On Friday was my Graduation Ceremony.  Since the school has so many coming and going all at different times, they do graduation once every 3 months.  So even though I still have a few weeks plus a month to go, the next one wouldn't be until December, and I'd be long gone.  It was a nice short and sweet ceremony.  We do Certificates for teams we participated in, Mine are Phase 2 which is the advanced education program where it's set up like salon reality and we take clients all day long, as well as Student Council which I loved being apart of.  We have a little fashion show of our models where we could do whatever we wanted, they give us our plaques, we have a teacher speak and they do Bios on us about what we did in school and where we want to go now, then we get a flower, give lots of hugs, and eat cookies!
 Sadie was my model and it turned out GREAT.  She is Princess Lolly from Candyland.  I resurrected the birthday tutu, put another plain yellowed tulle tutu over it, took pink tulle and wrapped it around her front, tied it in a bow, stuck lollipops all over her waist and in th emiddle of the bow and made a lollipop head band.  I used pink and purple eye shadows and for her hair I did big barrel curls.  Her lips are sprinkles that we held on with eyelash glue.  It was quite a big success and everybody loved it!  I'm very proud of it.
Now that school is coming to an end I've been thinking about where to go and where I want to be.  I have quite a few options.  Ranging from here in provo, to SLC, to bountiful, and then up and over to the Oregon state area.  My passion is still wanting to work with kids, so I'm trying to find salons that are focused on them, as that would be ideal.  however, I'm keeping open minded because I'll take whatever to start out with.  Even if it's the new salon that just opened up on BYU campus.  I might wear my Utes shirts and red accessories everyday, but it would be a start, and salon experience.  I'm very proud of myself for completing school and doing the whole cosmetology program.  This next month, october, will be very busy.  I'll be finishing up my hours, doing Final Phase (which is where we do a run down of what to expect at the State Boards) I'll take my State Boards Practical and Written, and be going up and down and all around for Job interviews after I perfect my resume and put my whole portfolio together.  It's been an interestingly fun ride and I wouldn't have changed any of it for the world!  And as sad as it is to leave my Paul Mitchell Family, I'm ready for some new adventures! 

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you and all your hard work! Keep it up! That would be so sad if you went to Oregon. We would miss you! Congrats on graduating! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Maren. Get the remaining hours in and past your tests!

    BTW:Your pictures are too small to see anything.

    ReplyDelete