Monday, April 11, 2011

Through a Child's Eyes

On Satuday I went to dinner with the 3 C'S (Cailin, Carmel, and Claire) to the Olive Garden. While there Carmel of course had to have a "potty break". When we were in the bathroom she said one of the cutest things I've ever heard. She knows about my dad, and the accident, and is always very tender hearted whenever she asks questions about it. On Saturday we went through the same routine.... Carmel: What is your dads name? Me: Steven Carmel: And he is in heaven? Me: Yes Carmel: What happened to him? The car accident? Me: Yes, the car accident. You know where he's at now though. Carmel: HEAVEN! Me: Yep, that's right. (A brief moment of silence) Carmel: He is in Heaven but he still loves you and is close to you right HERE (As she touches my heart.) I agreed with her but was floored at how precious she is and how she always seems to know when to tell me little things like that. I had to choke back the tears as we were leaving the bathroom! Thanks Carmel for reminding me of the little things in life, that end up being the big most meaningful things!

3 comments:

  1. She is pretty darn special - I've always felt she has had a very spiritual nature about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious and sweet! That is what I love about little kids they say what they think and exactly how it is. I'm so excited for Owen starts talking and says cute things like that.

    ReplyDelete