Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Carmel's Box Braids

I had an accomplishment this weekend
I did hair for the first time
It was strenous
It took much patience and approximately 2 hours to do
But, I was able to box braid sweet Carmel's hair.
She was an angel through most of it
But you can't expect a 4 year old to sit through 2+ hours of hair doing
Without some minor complaints or whining
At the end, she told me she liked me braiding her hair
I was thrilled
I might help Cailin out more often with doing the girls hair.
But the agreement is that if I help, I get the easy head
Carmel.
Don't be given me Claire and her massive mane.
With box braiding, I also learned how to twist
But, I don't think I can take credit for being able to twist, until I do a full head of it.
So sweet Carmel,
I will see you in a month for our next hair doing event!
As you can see she was not thrilled nor very photogenic after we were done and I wanted pictures to document my success. Maybe next time...

1 comment: