Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

Us kids with Grandma and Grandpa Linnell
Me and my Jeffy

Jeff's Daughter Shelby being cute with her new scarf and hat.
Uncle Mark, Cousin Kevin, and Alona Kevin's Girlfriend
Karinne, Dallan, and Amy
Grandpa Linnell Carving up the Roast
Baby Owen with my mom
Melanie, Mom, and Kyle
Dads wedding ring and Moms new ring she got for Christmas. We kids gave her a gold ring with diamonds that has all of our names engraved,including my dads, and all of our birthstones going down the middle. This picture doesn't do it justice. She loved it.
Jeff and his christmas presents. He got the mans dream of a tool box and a tool bench chair.
Moms beautiful Christmas Decor in the family room
The kids Christmas Present. A new downstairs game area and lounge. Got the new couches and the new big screen tv.
I'm so Vain...
Kyle enjoying his new ipod touch and Melanie playing her new ds Scribble Knots game

Our ever faithful dog Molly in her ever faithful position. At least she is sporting her cute Christmas Sweater!

We had a good Christmas this year. I got a new laptop from Santa, My mom, Grannie and Grandpa Brown, the tooth fairy, new years baby, valentines cupid, the leprachauns, april showers, and my Birthday. No presents for me until Christmas next year, which I am TOTALLY ok with as I absolutely love my new laptop. The kids got furniture and a tv for the basement so that they can have a cool hang out place. Along with other gizmos and gadgets named above.

We woke up at about 9ish and ran down the stairs to see what Santa had brought us. My mom opened her ring on Christmas eve and we also opened sibbling presents, pajamas and our calendars on Christmas Eve as well. Grandma and Grandpa Linnell came over for Chicken Cheese Soup and Dessert along with a short chirstmas program we put on for them. It's tradition! After we had opened all of our gifts and had a nice peaceful morning we headed over to Grannie and Grandpa Brown's for omlets and more present opening. Then it was off to the Linnells for more good eating and more present opening! All in all, it summed up to be a very Merry Christmas!

Editors note: I would have to say that Christmas is the second hardest holiday for the family, with Fathers day being the first. We did a lot better this year than last year with keeping it together. I actually felt like I was present in all the festivities this year, where as last year it all just felt like a dream and we just went through all the motions. I miss my dad deeply and there is still that ache in my heart and that hole that will never be filled. It is getting easier, I thought it never would, but it is. We are all slowly starting to heal... The pain is somewhat bearable. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts to our family during the Christmas Season. We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas as well!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a fun Christmas!! I can't imgaine having Christmas without my Dad.. but you guys always have cute smiles on your faces! Love your family and glad you guys had a great Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am extremely jealous about those couches. I love red! It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I thought of you as I was missing my mom and stepdad and sister and her fam. Christmas IS family, and to not have your dad there just isn't right. I know he is waiting for you and so happy about all the good things you're doing, but I don't know if knowing that makes it much easier. But nonetheless, I know he's there. And proud of his family.

    ReplyDelete