Thursday, December 16, 2010

An Uninvited Guest

I came across an unfriendly guest
As I came down the stairs before getting some rest
I heard it's squeaking, along with some scampering
Horror came about to my face
And I quickly ran up the stairs to my place
I called the home teachers and needless to say
John became my night and shining armor that day
He carried it out
Without even a pout
Even though some taunting and teasing came about
It was quite a night
and a very scary sight
To see the uninvited guest
Right before I was to get some rest.
I hope there are no more
Take this as a fair warning dear guest's friends
Don't come back again!

3 comments:

  1. I almost screamed when I saw your "guest" - ewwww! We got those sometimes in NYC on my mission, and I was always horrified (and sad). Great poem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, not cute guest, but very cute post! And John is not too bad on the eyes either...he needs to become a regular feature!!!...wait...I'm married, this is shameless...oh who cares! Bring back John! We want John!...how's my campaign working...you still reading...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! I loved the clever story you wrote. We just had a mouse in our garage. It was so gross! I'm glad you have your home teachers to take care of you :) This is Ashlee by the way I posted a comment on another one last week but I just looked and it didn't show up. Hopefully this one will.

    ReplyDelete