Monday, June 27, 2011

7 Peaks!!!

On saturday me and melanie took a sister day and hit the slides at what was formerly known as "Raging Waters"

I considered getting pictures of us actually on the slides together, but after riding each one once, I decided it was not going to be possible to keep my camera above the water the whole time. Melanie has a pass to 7 peaks for the season and goes a lot with her friends. But it was fun this time because she got to go in the other pools that are otherwise dubbed as "too cold" by her friends.





I made melanie get up on the water fall rock thing right by the rock you jump off of. I guess you aren't really supposed to sit there... and we set a bad example for the girl and her friends that are right behind us.

The rope that you have to get yourself, mind you. You get it by using this thing life guards usually use to pull you out of the pool if you are drowning. Not here, you use it to grab the rope to swing into the water. Which, I cannot do for the life of me. I'm better just jumping from the landing then spending the time to actually try and hold on to the rope. Melanie did better than me, although not by far.

Cute Sisters! My one and only :) She is willing to go and do anything with me pretty much. She even braved the freezing cold pool with me last year when it was still set up. It sounds like that problem has been solved this year.... (mistakes are made... lessons have been learned... we are benefiting from it now!) So I am excited to swim in the backyard again! Especially since that pool doesn't have a "closing time" or an opening time for that matter!



Melanie and I both love to swim. I was glad to get to spend a day with her. We went on all the "not scary" slides, hung out for a long while in the lazy river, and even got to the very deepest part of the tidal pool! (I now have concerns about going on the cruise however... because I felt slightly queezy going up and down on the waves in that tube... maybe it will be better on a boat!) We stayed for a good 4... 4 1/2 hours I think? Our plan was to stay until close, we made it until an hour before. It's exhausting! But SOO much fun. I got my tan on, Melanie already had hers, she is definately a "Brown" girl (ha ha ha!)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: