Wednesday, June 8, 2011

SWIMMING!!!!!

If this picture doesn't show our true personalities I don't know what does...


Hesitant Carmel...



Warming up to the water



Claire the fish





The girls are nice enough to take on the role of my swimming buddies. It is amazing how much they have improved since last year. They used to not even want to be by themselves in the water, let alone go underneath it! Claire is quite the little fish, when we were there a boy went off the diving board and apparently flipped off of it. She was quite distraught I had missed it, so, she decided to show me what he did and did a perfect sommersault flip thing under the water! I was very impressed. She also likes that she can "swim" (walk) across the whole pool by herself. Carmel is getting there.. still a little bit reserved and likes to ask Claire if she can tough or if water gets in her nose and mouth. I was sad that it was still a little too cold to play in the outside pools, but they still gave me 3 good rides down the red slide. I look forward to TONS of more swimming in the summer, and maybe even Melanie will join us one of these days. I am thinking that possibly for a birthday celebration we will hit up Cowabunga Bay.

1 comment:

  1. It's so cool to see how excited and adventurous they are becoming! Oh, how I love swimming! Ever since I was big enough to swim my mom could barely drag us from the pool when it was time to go. Megan's hair turned green, we swam so much!

    ReplyDelete